Thursday, 20 August 2015

Just the beginning

Time has gone by so fast this past year. I started thinking differently about my life, how I spend my time and who I spend it with.

I have read many books, listened to many sermons, prayed and cried on this journey. I would not trade one second of it for a chance at doing it differently.

The Lord has taken me on a journey of self discovery and I have become aware of certain trends and habits of young women in terms of dating and relationships.

But every beginning implies that something else ended. There can be no beginning without an end. The ending that started this new beginning was my previous relationship. This ending taught me that the duration of your relationship does not determine your time of healing/mourning. The depth of your relationship determines the time needed to heal what has been broken, to undo what has been changed, to take the steps towards finding the pieces of yourself you lost along the way.

This ending also taught me that the pieces of yourself you do find, may be changed in themself. In essence you wil not be the same as before. Never again.

For the most part I believe that allowing yourself to be changed by an experience or relationship is good. On the condition that the change brings you closer to God and shapes your character more according to His will. Sometimes however, it is good to have some distance in your relationship with God, as it gives you the opportunity to appreciate His movements in your life in an entirely different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment